FOR ARTISTS: Maria Brophy's Licensing Agreement Template Package for Artists - Gets you Started in Art Licensing!
Many artists hire lawyers (at $500-$1000/a pop), or they spend countless hours trying to decipher complicated agreements from the back of art books when they want their own license agreement.
This package saves you from all that, because we've done most of the work for you! (Provided in downloadable forms so no re-typing necessary!)
Included in the package:
- Sample License Agreement Template in a Word Document that you can make changes to so you can use it again and again, for many different deals
- Separate PDF sheet explaining terms, sections of the contract; basics of what you need to know to get started
- One consulting email question (within 10 days of purchase) e-mail Maria Brophy your question; she will answer within 72 hours
- BONUS! Template: AMENDMENT to License Agreement, for future use should you make changes to a contract, add new artworks, or extend the life of the agreement. Provided in Word Doc so you can change as needed.
- 2nd BONUS! Template of a Deal Memo, a form you would use to make an offer or deal to a prospect
- Instructions on how to use all three of the templates
- Article titled "Five Steps to Closing a Licensing Deal".
The License Agreement Template works great for:
- One time payment deals
- Royalty deals
- Illustration packages
- T-shirt Designs, Sticker Designs, any deal in which you want to license your art for a temporary use.
- Complicated deals that require a long form contract and one in which you need to work with an attorney
- Deals where there is BIG money involved (in which I recommend you work with an attorney)
- Any deal involving a TV show or live media (there are specific contracts for that)
The answer to so many questions!
Posted by susan reed on 20th Jan 2015
I had no idea where to start when asked if I would sell some of my painting designs; these easy to use and u deist and templates really clarified everything and got the ball rolling-I am very pleased and grateful to Drew and Maria!
Just what we needed!
Posted by Phyllis Harris Designs on 30th Mar 2014
The Artist Short Licensing Agreement Template - Contract Package was exactly what we needed to move forward on creating a win/win opportunity for both us and the company that we want to work with. We are still waiting to hear back but at least we are very confident that we did everything we needed to do to make this a good experience for all involved. Maria's templates are so professional and make it very understandable for the layman out there.
Posted by Audrey H. on 22nd May 2013
I am SO grateful you put your experience into a document that can really help me.
As I read so many things online about licensing and agreements, I can tell you that what you had to say was worth it!
So Happy that I found this!
Posted by Mary Tuttle on 17th May 2013
I have been searching for something I can use to legitimize my agreements with some of the companies that I design for. So glad that I found this!
The templates are easy to use, and though I don't know much about legal language, this seems fairly user-friendly.
This solved a big problem for me!
Posted by Christine Amalfi on 20th Apr 2013
I needed a contract quick. This was really easy to use, thanks!